Encouragement is to inspire with courage, spirits or confidence. When things go wrong in our life we should remember that if God is for us, then who can be against us?
The following is a list of ways from Pastor Marla Rowe to be your own cheerleader and live a lifestyle of encouragement:
1. Have God confidence in who you are. Trust and believe what HE speaks about you, not what others think. Most agony comes from confidence in misplaced things (like people and things). However, if you put your trust in God, HE will never leave you nor forsake you. Keep in mind HE is the reason for your strength, stability and success.
2. Replay victories He has brought you through. Let your past be a catalyst for praise. Turn worry to worship and put on a garment of praise. Remove people that worry from your life.
3. See every setback as a set up for a comeback.
4. Change the channel if all you see is negativity. You are in control of the remote of your life. Turn the channel of defeat and desperation. Switch to the victory channel. It is your time. Block negative channels and delete them from memory.
5. When discouragement comes, have a list of pre-determined solutions to fall on immediately. Have a plan. Have a worship song ready. Have a scripture available.
6. Make a jolt of joy. Don't let people stop you from walking in God's grace. Live your life to the fullest and be your own cheerleader.